Sunday 26 April 2015

A QUICK POST BEFORE POLDARK...

Have to see the last episode at 9pm, so this is a quick post this week before then!  My next post will be to introduce you to the new Challenge for May, so tonight I just have a few things to show you whilst I get all the team's beautiful inspiring makes together for the beginning of May.  So I have a few bits by me to begin with.  Firstly a wooden 'canvas' make featuring those old favourites of mine - winter trees, which are such versatile stamps....



I have covered my block in paint, handmade papers, tissue, stencilling and stamping. And then I have stamped trees stamps CI-209, and CI-429 onto white tissue and applied them over the top, before spraying with acrylic varnish (this makes the tissue almost transparent).  Rather liking the whole effect!

My second lot of images is of die cut gift bags, decorated with CI bits and bobs...





Each one has an MDF lovely on it, which you can find on our site in this section HERE, plus stamping and some mini images appear too, from our People and Places Book 2.

I now have a couple of beautiful cards for you by Sylvie, with gorgeous 'Gelli' backgrounds....



Loving these - overstamped with CI-391 and CI-385 - they are glorious!

My final image is of a card made by Joanna, complete with pink sparkle - beautiful indeed!....



CI-430 looking lovely here plus butterflies stamped onto parchment and an appearance from our Floral Branch Die.

Thank you for your visit,
Back soon,

Jean x

12 comments:

Fliss said...

Wow! What absolutely beautiful makes Jean and all. Really gorgeous in style and beautiful texture and detail.
Fliss xx

rachel said...

such a variety of makes - these are all beautiful Jean - gorgeous work xx Hugs rachel x

Craftyfield said...

Love the gift bags! Their heart shaped handle is different and the CI treatment has turned them into works of art...Joanna's deliciously textured piece is also gorgeous, whilst Sylvie's cards both CAS and colourful are really striking.

mamypassion said...

tout est magnifique, j'adore
bravo les créatrices.
Marie-claude

Anne Jagger said...

Stunning, especially love the gift bags.

Cocofolies said...

Fabulous new samples, I especially love your wooden canvas Jean, the CI trees are so glorious on this piece full of various patterns and texture!!! I also love the cards made by Sylvie and Joanna, both have made a really beautiful work in two différent styles. xx

Unknown said...

These are all sooooo wonderful but my fav by far is the block canvas Jean. Now THAT is just fantastic to me and it looks like so much fun to do. These are all soooooo creative. Thanks bunches for sharing. j

Florence said...

Gorgeous projects. So many wonderful ideas. Inspiring as always.
Florence x

ionabunny said...

Love those gelli bg's with the doodled border. Looking forward to the challenge. Hugz

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Fab samples the bags and tree canvas are superb. Thanks to all involved x

Anwar Allie said...

Hi there. Can you please tell me how you cut the stamps apart? Do you mount it on static cling first and then cut or do you cut the red rubber first. It is so intricate I'm scared to cut the images.

Jean Hardy said...

Hi Anwar - mount on cling foam first and then cut out with sharp scissors x